OFF TOPIC!!! Re: Swap Meet 16 November (was: For Trade)

Tom Snell plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:16:22 -0700

Sonja Michelle L. Thomas wrote:

> Formerly known as Motorolla??????  Geez, I grew up over there,
> watched all those building being built.  Did they go under, merge,
> get sold, shut down???

> Sonja Michelle L. Thomas
> Sonja@sdf.lonestar.org

Not sure myself, but driving by it yesterday on the way to work, I
noticed the 'Motorola' signs on the main building fronting McDowell were
covered by banners reading 'General Dynamics', so I guess they sold the
buildings?  Kinda strange, 'cause Motorola was a part of Scottsdale
economic history (what there is of it)....

The swap meet, BTW, is in the parking lot of the old Smith's Food Store...