Owl aka Openwall linux.

Troy plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:51:57 -0700 (PDT)

  This is for all your oldschool linux kids who enjoy security..
Solar Designer, the guy who writes the openwall kernel patches for linux
has been working on a new distro of linux called Owl (Openwall linux).

The neat thing that seperates this from other linux flavors is that it has
BSD-like make buildworld and make installworld built in,  either from CVS,
binary package or source.  It also has RPM support for redhat RPM's and is
security minded.  Its definatly a 'from-scratch' distro as it doesnt come
with 7 thousand CD's of extra things. :)

Just though I would mention it.  I have it running it at home and it
defiantly kicks ass for server related things.

www.openwall.com

Troy Moniz