RH72 driving my freaking nuts

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 02:04:28 -0700

I've been spoiled by Mandrake.  I finally sell my boss on shifting the
server part of the operation to Linux, and I name Red Hat since I felt
more confident in their support than Mandrake's.  What I no longer have
confidence in is their distro.
ProFTPD... Not there. rpm --rebuild a source rpm... refuses to work at
all, claiming "no such file".  (I do this all the time on Mandrake.)
Webmin... Not there either.  Install from RPM?  Some kind of script
error.  Install from tarball... Fine, but no Perl-SSLeay package for SSL
encrypted remote control.  (Why would RH not include SSLeay?)  OpenSSL
installed... check.  Not good enough.
I guess I better call MandrakeSoft tomorrow and see what they have to
offer before I go ripping my hair out making due with half a solution.
(This whole thing is doable by just me, but the boss needs backup.  I
won't mind having it either.)
Anyone know a place selling laptops preloaded with Mandrake?