msn.com blocks non-Microsoft browsers

Patrick STODDARD plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:16:22 +0000

I could get into www.msn.com with my Netscrape 4.77 browser,
but not with Mozilla 0.9.5 - and the Terms of Use link at
the bottom of the "Web Browser Upgrade" page won't open up
in Mozilla.  But the other links (including the "Advertising"
link) will, so I guess they will gladly take my advertising
money but not let me see the advertising on MSN.

I was able to view those Terms of Use with Netscape, yawn.
Lengthy as usual.  MSNBC and the www.microsoft.com sites
are still accessible with Mozilla, so they aren't trying
to cut off all access to their empire if you aren't using
their preferred software - for now.

Oh well.... enjoy some humor:

http://www.cirs.org/haha/disasterdan.html

Patrick

--
Patrick STODDARD                E-mail: wd9ewk at yahoo dot com
Glendale, Arizona, USA          ICBM:   33.5 N 112.2 W