Recycled stuff

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:24:17 -0700

Jim wrote:
> I have two old 486 boxes and two monitors that dont seem to work.  I need to
> get rid of them (to make room for more comuters, of course).  Anyone know how
> to recycle/donate these things in an ecologically sound fashion?

Yes, the city of Phoenix has periodic hazardous-materials collection
events
around town, several times a year.  You may have to prove Phoenix
residency.
See this:  http://www.ci.phoenix.az.us/GARBAGE/applianc.html

If you're not in Phoenix, the city might still be able to tell you whom
contact in your municipality.  All else fails, arrange to give me the
stuff
at a meeting or stammtisch and I'll take it to the next nearby Phoenix
event
-- I have some other stuff that will need to go.

Saw an article recently, they are working hard to keep computer stuff
out of the landfills -- especially monitors which have a large lead
content.

Vic