dbf2mysql info please

Gorman, John plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:23:07 -0700

Perhaps I am being to simplistic, but most databases have a load/unload
process.

	i.e. UNLOAD TO 'table.uld' SELECT * FROM mytable

Why not just unload from the one database and load into the other?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigel Sollars [mailto:xknight@shellyeah.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 10:53 AM
To: Phoenix Lug
Subject: Re: dbf2mysql info please

I have tried both 1.10e and 1.14 bot fail to convert the dbf's i have.
if i could get it to work that would be awesome or maybe someone could
help me write a perl script to do the job? a challenge perhaps hehe..

Since i dont get my books for another week or so any help would be cool.

Would someone like to give me a hand getting this one sorted?

any help on this would be fantastic ...

Tom could u give me all the info u have on the dbf format?

if you could again that would be great, ...

Regards
Nigel Sollars.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Kevin Brown wrote:

> also it's a project on sourceforge now.
>
> http://dbf2mysql.sourceforge.net/
>
> Nancy Sollars wrote:

What
> > > is the "contributed program"? And where can I download it?
> >
> > I got it from ftp.mirror.ac.uk once in cd to sites from there then
> > ftp.mysql.com
> >
> > you will see the dir Contribs in there u will find
dbf2mysql-1.1.14.tar.gz