Crazy software development business model

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:07:37 -0700

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 08:28:02AM -0700, Nathan England wrote:
> Isn't this kind of what happened with Tux Racer?
> It sounds good to me, now if I could learn to code, I'd even help!
>=20
> nathan

Actually, according to their website, it's released under the GNU GPL -- no
modifications at all. What I was proposing was to develop the software
first, then sell the thing as a commercial app that people can modify for
personal use. The minute they want to use it for commercial gain, they have
to pay us a license fee. Mind you, we wouldn't let the datafiles out for
free -- you'd need to buy a copy of the game for those.

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu
http://tank.dyndns.org