Microsoft Final Solution 2000

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:06:06 -0700

Greetings,

Not meaning to fuel the fire, and having performed advanced research
on the Total Cost of Ownership of various server platforms, I am
intrigued by Richard's comments.  Like Tom, I would like to see
some references to back them up.

My research indicates that for small workgroups (a stand-alone would
be a workgroup of one), Microsoft-based platforms are less expensive
than Unix (even Linux) based platforms.  The admin labor (Windows
admins being cheaper than Unix admins) offsets the licensing cost
and productivity loss during unplanned outages.

George