GPG Key Signing Party - ASULUG **UPDATED** (fwd)

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:11:24 -0700 (MST)

Am 18. Oct, 2001 schwätzte Derek Neighbors so:

> Any PLUG event should be a place to sign keys. :)  With Debian anywhere
> there are Debian developers you can expect key signing of sorts to take
> place. :)

It should be the same for us.

Things that will help:

* everybody verifies that their key is on a specific key-server and that it
is correct, http://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net is in the GPG Mini HowTo

* we send a message to the list with fingerprints for people to verify,
those wishing to make their keys available at meetings

- or -

* those wishing to have keys signed bring with them printed copies of their
fingerprints ( say on business cards )

I favor the having individuals bring stuff in over sending something to the
list every meeting. We could, however, designate one or two meetings a year
as official key-signing parties and use the list method for those. Maybe the
holiday parties in Dec?

Does this plan pass the JLF test? :)

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.