[kde] Can't compile Mosfet Liquid theme under Slack 8.0

John S. J. Anderson plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
18 Oct 2001 08:07:47 -0400

Rick Rosinski <rick@rickrosinski.com> writes:

> When running configure, I get the following error:
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
> compiled programs.
> If you want to cross compile, use '--host'.
>
> This is weird, since I compile frequently (I avoid binaries quite frequently).
> I haven't added a new compiler since I had installed Slack 8.0
>
> Any ideas?

I've seen this before, and it had a couple of different causes. You
might have better luck here (or may be able to figure it out yourself)
if you post the last 20 or 30 lines of config.log -- that'll show us
the exact error message.

john.
--
When in doubt, parenthesize.  At the very least it will let some
poor schmuck bounce on the % key in vi.