Hard Drive Settings

A.P. Etc plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:14:46 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C15759.211FE9D0

I have an old Nec Versa M/75 that used to have a debian install on it. =
Eventually the hard drive broke and I got a replacement, but I'm having =
troubl making it work. The laptop asks for Cylinders, Heads, =
Sectors/Track, Writing Precomp and Landing Zone. IBM's web site only =
gives the first three. I've tried it with various settings for the last =
two, but I always get "Hard disk read failure" on post. Does anyone have =
an experience or suggestions for this that they could share? I'm stuck =
on it.

-Mark

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C15759.211FE9D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have an old Nec Versa M/75 that used =
to have a=20
debian install on it. Eventually the hard drive broke and I got a =
replacement,=20
but I'm having troubl making it work. The laptop asks for Cylinders, =
Heads,=20
Sectors/Track, Writing Precomp and Landing Zone. IBM's web site only =
gives the=20
first three. I've tried it with various settings for the last two, but I =
always=20
get "Hard disk read failure" on post. Does anyone have an experience or=20
suggestions for this that they could share? I'm stuck on =
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Mark</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C15759.211FE9D0--