Port 80 still blocked for @Home users?

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:26:57 -0700 (MST)

Am 16. Oct, 2001 schwätzte Thomas Mondoshawan Tate so:

> questionable, one question comes to mind: do web browsers automaticially
> attempt to connect to port 8080 implicitly? (ex: if I specify
> http://tank.dyndns.org, will it try tank.dyndns.org:8080 after trying :80?)

That would be borken behavior. Well known port for http is 80. Well known
port for https is 443. Maybe push to get 8888 for phhtp, personal http :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --