Screen Resolution

Michael J. Astrauskas plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:53:29 -0700

Victor Odhner wrote:

> While on this subject:
>
> I have an e-machines plug and play monitor, and am
> having trouble finding its setup information for
> Linux.  Is there any way to hack the Windows
> information to learn the sync frequency etc?

Look for your monitor in the various monitor#.inf files in \windows\inf.
You can search using a brand or model number.

After you find the "MODEL=Brand Blah Blah" for your monitor go to
the "[MODEL.AddReg]" section and lok at the listing.

Example:

First, I find:

  DL36="Gateway Destination DL36"

Then I look for "[DL36.AddReg]"
which contains:

  HKR,"MODES\800,600",Mode1,,"24.0-40.0,50.0-90.0,+,+"

So, my monitor's frequencies are 24-40 and 50-90.

--
 - Michael J. Astrauskas