print server setup

Joe Stringer plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:23:43 -0700

>15. print server setup (mazdaracer)

>I just picked up a JetDirect EX Plus3 (used) and an HP G55 3-in-1
printer/scanner/fax.
>I only have the CD for the print server. I also have a router I
>configured as my DHCP server, altho I have static addresses on my Linux
>box and my W2K box for my wife.
>I unplugged the server and plugged it back in while holding the 'test'
>button as I think it should reset the box and give it a number from the
>DHCP pool. Except I don't know what that may be.

Option 1
Install the CD that came with the print server on your wife's machine.
It will detect the print server and allow you to set a static IP.

Option 2
You should be able to get into the router, either by browser or telnet and
view
a table of current DHCP leases.

Option 3
Set one of your machines to pick up a DHCP address.  View what it is, then
ping
a couple of addresses before and after it until you get a reply.  This is
most
likely the print server.

I beleive this is what you were asking!?

Joe Stringer
joe@stringshome.com