Automated web browser

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:05:54 -0700

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 06:36:42PM -0400, Dan Aldrich wrote:
> I'm looking for an automated way to browse dynamic web pages.
> Specifically, Heavens-above.com will generate a table of ISS, Space shutt=
le,
> Iridium flares, etc when you plug in your lat/long. I'd like to automate
> that so I could be notified when something interesting comes along. Is th=
ere
> a tool that can pull down a web page so you can dissect it under program
> control?

Well, after taking alook at the site, it seems they're using the GET method
of parameter passing. As such, you can just instruct wget to pull down the
webpage you want with the parameters listed in the URL. Ex:

	wget http://www.heavens-above.com/main.asp?Loc=3DPhoenix&Lat=3D33.448&Lng=
=3D-112.073&TZ=3DArizona

Then you can use whatever script/program you want to dissect that page.

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu
http://tank.dyndns.org