Port 80 still blocked for @Home users?

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:38:02 -0700

George Toft wrote:

> I have been following the series of complaints about the Cisco 67X
> series with regard to its vulnerabilities to Code Red et al.  My
> question, born of ignorance about this beastie, is why can you not
> use a Linux-based router instead?
>
> Thanks for any insight.

-----
I would suppose that you could if you could train serial link to their
routers on other end. There has to be something that converts serial
connection to Ethernet - that is where the Cisco 67X comes in and it's a
relatively low cost reasonable performance product. The problem was the
vulnerabilty to the code red worm - from what I have seen from 2.4.3
update, the problem is solved, is easy to obtain and install and that is
the end of the story.

Craig