Novell Netware

Curtis Stall plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:15:53 -0700

Novell makes a product called eDiredtory for Linux which will integrate
linux boxes into an  NDS tree. There's also NFS Services for NetWare that
can make the native NetWare volumes look like exported NFS volumes(NFS
server) and/or connect to *nix exported volumes (NFS gateway). In any case,
the file & dir permissions mapping can be challenging.

Linux also does NCPFS so a linux box can mount NetWare volumes directly.

I dunno why they'd want to have the Linux box authenticate NetWare accounts
(if I am reading that correctly), but the integration of the two platforms
is doable.