KDE Question for Kurt

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
11 Oct 2001 11:50:06 -0700

Kurt,

I noticed that in slackware 8 with kde 2.2 and 2.2.1 we get "invalid
certificate" errors on ssl web sites, though it continues to work.
Are there any specifics about the way openssl needs to be compiled, or
kde for that matter?

Patrick said this in a readme for the packages he uploaded:
~~~~
NOTE:  I've noticed with KDE-2.2.1 (and 2.2 before it) on Slackware
8.0 that visiting SSL enabled websites always gives an "invalid
certificate" error (though SSL will work if you continue anyway).
I've been trying to figure out exactly *why* that is... if there's
something about the Slackware OpenSSL layout that confuses things, or
if there are supposed to be certificate copies in a certain directory,
or if it's something else altogether.  If anyone knows the solution,
please send me some email!

Have fun,

Pat <volkerdi@slackware.com>
~~~~~

I built kde 2.2.1 from sources myself and got the same problem.
Slackware 8 is using OpenSSL 0.9.6a 5 Apr 2001

Anything you could contribute that might help solve the problem? Or any
info you would like to know more about?
Sorry to hit you with this, but you're the active one here, and always
seem to know the answers.  I appreciate any ideas/info/thoughts...

nathan