getting a special character

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:44:24 -0700

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 06:30:28PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> Rick Rosinski wrote:
> >=20
> > It didn't work (the ctrl+shft+T then ' then e (and just e).  But that's=
 O.K.
> > I got it from the only place where I really need it for now - StarOffic=
e's
> > Insert -> special character
> >=20
> ---
> must be a slackware problem. ;-)
>=20
> Actually, check your terminal settings.
>=20
> Craig

Actually, coming from an LFS install, I have to say it's not limited to
slackware. IIRC, Slackware doesn't dink with any keytables before handing
the distro over to the user, so as such, the CTL-SHIFT-T combination doesn't
work (eg: kbd was built with default settings and no keymap other than us is
loaded). I've been trying to figure out how to map the AltGr key or the
Compose key to some random key on my kbd to use this feature, but
documentation is a little spotty -- especially when it comes to keycodes. =
=3Dop

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu