xcdroast "failed to scan the SCSI-bus"

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 23:18:42 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. Oct, 2001 schwätzte tim cutler so:

> Roger on the "SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00" from dmesg. That is
> present.
>
> Negatory on the "ide_setup: hdx=scsi". So, I'll go to work on that.
> Thanks. I'll keep all aprised.

Look at the CD burner HOWTO. Somewhere there is the switch you need to turn
on scsi emulation. It's probably just loading the ide-scsi module. It seems
it was that simple a few weeks back when I needed that.

You'll probably also need the sg driver for various pieces of software.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Stell dir vor, es ist Krieg und keiner geht hin...