rant about Qwest + Microsoft

Troy plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 03:22:28 -0700 (PDT)

All DSL service via Qwest/USWorst has always had the option to pick your
provider.  All that you really need to know is what mode your DSL runs in
(bridging vs routing vs PPPoE which is the most common) and what ISP's
support what mode (they can tell you).

I happen to know the admins/owners at cervnet and they offer DSL service
here in phx for Qwest customers.  You would need to call Qwest and tell
them you want to switch ISP's and give them the appropriate information
about cervnet.  They *should* be able to handle it from there but I
wouldnt trust em.  Before actually doing so you might want to call cervnet
and/or whatever other ISP you are looking into to see if they have a way
of making it less painless to switch.

Troy Moniz