Cannot run StarOffice 6.0 beta binary

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 10:46:57 -0700

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 10:13:58AM -0700, Rick Rosinski wrote:
> So far, no response from anybody.  I guess I am just sh*t out of luck
>=20
> On Saturday 06 October 2001 12:01 am, you wrote:
> > I have downloaded the IBM Java SDK and tried running the SO binary.  Sa=
me
> > things as before.  No luck.  Any takers?
> >
> > On Friday 05 October 2001 10:25 am, you wrote:
> > > I've been using it for a couple of days now, and it's awesome!
> > > What version of Java do you have installed?
> > >
> > > Sun's version of Java always seems to give me fits.  I am using IBM's
> > > Java2SDK off their web site.  www.ibm.com/java
> > >
> > > nathan

Not quite -- do an 'ldd' on the install binary. Make sure all of the
libraries are found. The Java RT isn't needed until it's actually installed
on the machine, so you're safe there. I just pulled down the install file
myself and installed it -- worked okay for me, and I'm running a GCC
3.0/glibc 2.2.3 system.

One last thing you can try is running the setup binary and checking the
return code (ex: so-install-binary; echo $?). Might want to send an e-mail
describing what you're experiencing to csr-customer-service@sun.com

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu