Question

Nancy Sollars plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 17:40:38 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "robert jorgenson" <snoogans@qwest.net>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: Question

> well as of now i dont know how to install xfree because i cant get yast or
yast2 to work(they will open but wont install stuff, yast2
> does some wierd stuff to, it will die and the command prompt will be
written over the yast2 program interface one right after the other)
> for some reason and i have a P1 133 mhz processor

okies for 1 i would not build xfree on that box ( its gunna take ages and i
mean ages a day at least )

yast will install stuff you must have the cd in the drawer then select from
the menu installation you can then add / remove packages.

or you may want to find the RPMS on the cd's and just use the rpm -i
xfree.rpm rpm where xfree.rpm is the X package..

I dont use suse so i dont know what they are calling their rpms these days