Procom NAS for Linux

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:07:25 +0000

.doc files?

Please do not post .doc files to the list, unless they are of the
original primarily text-based format. The proprietary format used by
Micro$oft and now consider standard by many who simply do not know
better wastes an absurd amount of bandwidth. Save the file as just
about anything else next time.

Downloading two and a half megs of files designed for use under what
has become the worst example of software bloat in word processing
history was NOT how I wanted to wake up this morning. These things are
big enough you've probably wasted the time of even those who have
higher bandwidth connections.

I'm sure every dialup user on the list is just brimming with
enthusiasm.

At the absolute least, you could have .gz'd them or something.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|