FrontPage 2002

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 21:06:20 -0700

Hi Kimi,

I could not get it to work.  Here's what I did:
1.  Tried to install FP2002.  Failed.  Downloaded FP2002 and
reinstalled FP2002.  It seemed to work, but then apache complained
about LoadModules.  This is due to using the FP precompiled binary,
which does not have module support compiled in.
2.  Removed their apache binary, and restored the original.  The
page www.best-of-phoenix.com bombed (500 Internal Server Error) due
to the .htaccess file installed by FP.
3.  Downloaded apache 1.3.19 and applied FP patch.  Recompiled apache
and installed the binary.  Same problem.
4.  Restored the original apache binary.
5.  Restored everything back to normal.

www.best-of-phoenix.com works the same as it did before I touched
it.  Two problems that I can see are that FP2002 is supported
only by RedHat Linux and Apache 1.3.19, according to the
documentation.  Other than the Apache version, which is why I
downloaded and compiled that version, I cannot tell why it
is not working.

I fear all I did was retrace Matt's footsteps.  I'm sorry I
couldn't get it working tonight.  Given a few more hours, I'm sure
I could figure it out, but I'm going to California tomorrow, so I
will not be able to get back to it.

George