httpd.conf

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:45:45 -0700

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 02:36:04PM -0700, Patrick Hustis wrote:
>=20
> You should be able to do the following:
>=20
> /etc/init.d/httpd restart
>=20
> Patrick
>=20
> At 02:21 PM 11/30/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >I was setting up several virtual domains on a RedHat server running apac=
he 1.3.12 . I know there must be a way to get the server to re read the htt=
pd.conf file after I add a domain, but I haven't a clue. I have been reboot=
ing the server which is just so un cool. Any suggestions?
> >=20
> >Thanks
> >=20
> >Charlie

Or better:
/etc/init.d/httpd reload

This sends a SIGHUP to the apache process which tells it to reload it's
configuration file instead of stopping and starting again.

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu
http://tank.dyndns.org