Jabber/IRC/etc (was Re: "JABBER" on the list Can't wekeep it down?)

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:41:41 -0700

John Mosier wrote:

> At 02:50 PM 11/29/01 , you wrote:
> >is this not JABBER?
>
> Yes, I think it is, but discussion needs to take place in order to generate
> a solution.  If everyone concerned could agree immediately on IRC
> or jabber solution, the discussion could be taken there.
>
> It looks like i stirred up something.  I am sorry if I offended anyone.

-----
Yeah well, the problem is that your post makes a stupid assumption of
what you think ought to be thre rules when in fact, there is only one
description/rule on this list...

where it states:

About PLUG-discuss
  This is the mailing list for general discussion.

Thus, John, I think your post while perhaps well intentioned was a bit
arrogant and I would suggest that unless you have a working set of rules
for posting on this list (and these rules are adopted) - you probably
should un-subscribe...but I appreciate your apology.

We all have pet peeves - html mail, return receipt requests etc., posts
back to the lists instead of being directed to sole intended individual
but hey - this is a general discussion list so there really are only 3
options - Learn to love the irreverant/irrelevant, make sufficient use
of the delete key or unsubscribe.

Craig