Jabber/IRC/etc (was Re: "JABBER" on the list Can't we keep it down?)

Rusty Carruth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:04:26 -0700 (MST)

> Has there been any thought to using such a system? I realize that it
> probably doesn't offer much more than a mature IRC approach -- though some
> of the SSL capabilities were interesting. It is nice to see an open
> alternative to mainstream proprietary apps though.

Perhaps IRC/JAbber/whatever might be useful for those times when you are
trying to get something to work and need more instant feedback than you
could get here on the mailing list (thought I *would* request that if
the problem or solution look like something useful for the general
PLUGger that a summary be posted to the mailing list).

Another way it might be useful would be to enhance the 'community'
aspect.

But I also remember the days when *I* was the only plug member,
and I can tell you the silence on the mailing list was deafening ;-)

So I hope that any solution we come up with does not reduce the
PLUG mailing list traffic to the point that we look dormant again...

rc