(no subject)

Blake Barnett plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
27 Nov 2001 17:10:44 -0700

That means that rndc is not setup correctly.  More than likely it has to
do with the keys portion.  If you really need bind 9, then read the
administration manual that came with it.  Because I can't remember how
to do what I had to do to make it work.  :)

But it sounds like you don't actually need a DNS server running on your
own machine if all you want is to do normal DNS lookups, simply put a
valid DNS server in you /etc/resolv.conf and do it that way.

My /etc/resolv.conf looks like this:
--
search soulmachine.com
nameserver 206.80.205.77

NOTE: You don't HAVE to have the "search" option, it can simply be a
"nameserver" entry.