Connecting to NT printers

James Lee Bell plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 02:36:02 -0700

To start with you need to fix your Zone Alarm problem on your NT box.
I've been bit by this with VPN users at work.

Zone Alarm must be configured correctly with regards to "local" and
"internet" settings. According to what you described below, ZA thinks
that *everything* other than itself - including your linux box - are
considered evil internet hosts. If you've been playing with smbclient on
the linux box, you should see several alerts on ZA from that box. If
your ZA is typical default config with "local" having "medium" security,
adding your linux box as being a "local" device should allow SMB type
traffic (137, 138, 139, occasionally 135 (ms rpc)) to flow between them.

After that, and short time to allow the netbios info to traverse and
build up browser tables, then try the other suggestions, and keep an eye
on your ZA alerts to make certain it's not killing something vital.