@home and news servers

Gildersleeve, Mark plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:06:09 -0700

I saw this same problem this weekend. At first I thought
it was a new firewall that I put up, but discounted that
after I was able to connect to public NNTP servers successfully.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Albee [mailto:guesswho911@home.com]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 2:57 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: RE: @home and news servers

I did this and I can ping both news and mail.  The reason why I even asked
this question is because suddenly could not connect to @home's news servers
and believed this was somehow related.  I can now ping news and of course
news.phnx3.az.home.com successfully but when I setup a NNTP connection in
windows or linux I recieve the error "502 Wrong server, set your server name
to: news (Twister v1.2.0)

Configuration:
   Account: news
   Server: news