"boxen" amusement

Sam plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:46:16 -0700

Scientific American and Reason, no less, have observed the new language
emerging on the net. How astute of them!

But I do take exception to the "-en" plural; this is just another vain
teutonic barbarism.

Anyone with a shred of classical knowledge knows that, just as the plural of
"index" is "indices" and the plural of "appendix" is "appendices," the
plural of "box" MUST be "boces."

In like manner, form the plural of the following:

kleenex
tampax
windex

(Hint: "One of my windeces just crashed and I got the BSOD. Hey, Fred!")

Which brings us back to boces. You see, Microslop went off and created their
own language. Well, so did UNIX folken and Linus and his Linuces. But the MS
people just would NOT tell anyone else what their little language MEANT. So,
if they want to call something a patok.dll, well, fine, but no one else
knows what the hell they're talking about. Is it a taco, or what?

Like Luke Skywalker's late aunt said, "Be sure it speaks boce." (Or is that
"botchy?")

Thank you for sharing.