Hooray!

sam mulvey plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:41:08 -0700 (MST)

vosque@cantra:~$ finger @finger.kernel.org
[zeus.kernel.org]
The latest stable version of the Linux kernel is:     2.4.15
The latest beta version of the Linux kernel is:       2.5.0
The latest prepatch (alpha) version *appears* to be:  2.4.15-pre9
The latest -ac patch to the stable Linux kernels is:  2.4.13-ac8

Which means Linus may be working on new territory again.  See if I can
track down a post on it or some such.  I think this is very good news!
I'll try and track down something on LKM on it.

It's better when he doesn't have to worry about stability in the same way
as one would need to with production kernels.

-Sam