Woohoo!!!

sundar narayanasamy plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:17:03 -0700

I started off with win98 had so many virus problems and blue screen of death, I moved to linux and had Redhat 6.2 till two months back. Probably that had uptime of 6 months or so at least. One month back I moved to Redhat 7.1 and it's been up for a month now.

Lot of times, I am afraid to reboot the box, because with limited time I have at home after a regular job and a part time school -- I don't put lot of things in startup script.

Hey, but there is no need to reboot. That old 166 box is my web server, firewall, my domain smtp server, Netsaint installation, samba server, MRTG, NIS, squid, squid guard, pop3 imap4 ...(I understand all these on one system it is a security threat). With all these, it just runs and runs and runs.

Sundar