Mandrake install

Rusty Carruth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:10:13 -0700 (MST)

> Does anyone know if you can get mandrake to ignore
> another distro (RH) if in a different partition?
> Can Mandrake and RH co-exist on a drive?  Can Solaris?

Yes (Mandrake), and I think so (Solaris).

For Mandrake, you probably need to do an 'expert' install
(instead of recommended).  At least, that's what I remember doing
in the case where I did not want Mandrake to use all the wrong
partition ;-)  (IN older versions I think you could get
the disk partitioning software to let you choose the
partitions you want to use, and where to mount them -
isn't that still possible?  I'm going to be installing
8.1 on my laptop here reall soon now, I'll try to pay
more attention...)

> Thanks for any help,

I really find the mandrake expert mailing list to be
extremely helpful  you might try joining one of their
listss (expert or non-expert (forget the name)).

Also, I'd be happy to try to help more if you need it...

rc