Kernel 2.4 issues and PCMCIA

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:34:07 -0700

Ok, well I decided to update my version of linux from RH6.2 to 7.2 to get
newer libs and whatnot.  Install went ok, was able to keep the size down to
650MB (uggh) and got it to boot.

Unfortunately it seems that there is an issue with all 2.4 series kernels and
pcmcia stuff on my laptop (Panasonic Toughbook CF-25mkII, P150).  According to
dmesg:

Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:10.0
PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin B of device 00:10.1
PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:13.0
PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin B of device 00:13.1
Yenta IRQ list 0e98, PCI irq0
socket status: 30000046

That last stuff is basically repeated 4 times (one for each socket I have).

doing 'cat /proc/pci' shows all four slots:
Bus 0, device 19, function 0:
Cardbus bridge: ricoh co ltd tl5c466

I tried searching the web for answers, but the closest I got was Torvalds
saying that they have it working, but it is from more than a year ago.

Anyone have a clue as to how to fix this?  Without pcmcia support my laptop is
useless since I can't connect to anything in linux with it now.

P.S. All this because I wanted to be able to use my Wireless Orinoco card in
linux and windows, sigh.