was: Finally

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:02:44 -0500

I remember when I first installed Linux. Was a bit of a struggle, but
was certainly satisfied when I was done. Then came the fun, learning
all these strange terms and commands.

My next phase was when I decided I did not want dual booting any longer.
I was tired of swinging from windows to Linux all the time. I decided I would
commit to using Linux only, and if push come to shove, would rely on VMWARE
to handle any windows jobs.

Was quite frustrating at first trying to find the Linux equivalent to
some Windows apps, but with some perserverence, I always came up with
a solution. Sometimes the solution did not present itself with an equivalent
app, but just a differant way to handle the same problem.

Today, I can not even fathom installing any Win OS on my home PC (with the exception
of my daughter's). I use Vmware only when at work and need to do some domain admin stuff.
Even then, I find myself using the Linux client for Citrix, and then logging in there
to do admin work.

So, in a time of the year when we are suppose to be thankful for some things, I would
offer the PLUG group this: Linus, thankyou for Linux; PLUG members, thankyou  for
all of your help the past year :-)

mike