inventory db

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:48:20 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

I need an inventory system. I actually prefer something with a db ( prefer
postgres, but can live with mysql :). This is for a web site, so it needs a
web front end. I'd also like to be able to do stuff via command line, but
can add that functionality myself.

No cookies. I'll see about fixing one that currently uses cookies if I have
to.

Eventually might need a shopping cart. Actually, eventually need all kinds
of weird things :).

Definitely needs access controls at the item level.

For the web stuff, all ssl all the time, but that shouldn't be difficult.

Having a calendar mechanism would be cool. Using icap or whatever this
week's calendar standard is is a plus.

I'd prefer the majority of the code be in php, perl or c. Zope is definitely
out for now, but python has a glimmer of a chance ;-). Ruby might be fun.

It has to be Free Software, priority given to GPL.

Anybody have suggestions for something they've used recently? What are the
strengths and weaknesses?

Any ofther features I should be looking for? Any I should be avoiding?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --