PHP means?

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:16:18 -0600 (CST)

The history...

Rasmus Lerdorf started a perl-cgi to log users and added to it, people
asked that he release it, he did.

It was PHP-Tools for Personal Home Page Tools.

Then he started really tacking on db capabilities for his university and
called it PHP/FI for Personal Home Page - Form Interpreters.  During this
move it was converted to C as well.

An over haul and integration into apache produced PHP3 which I believe
they change to a recursive acronymn that is PHP Hypertext Processor.

Then Zeev and Andi whose names formed Zend :ZEev aNDi created Zend which
was a much more efficient backend to the PHP tools.  Rasmus does most of
the module work but does little with Zend.

Zend also is responsible for changing the license with the release of PHP4
(The first version to use Zend).... So sad...

Or thats how I remember things. :)

-derek