XFree86 over a network

Kevin Buettner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:44:39 -0700

On Nov 10,  9:02pm, Jeff Barker wrote:

> If it is, what client would be used on Windows and how would I
> configure X for that.  X won't be run on the server at all, only on
> a Windows 2k/XP box on the network.

Sorry I'm so late in responding.  I skimmed most of the responses you
got so it looks like you're on the right track.  However, it sounded
like you were concerned about the price tag associated with Exceed.
If so, you might take a look at Cygwin.  I believe that the XFree86
server (which is what Linux uses) has been ported to run under Cygwin.
It's all free...

Anyway, see:

    http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

If you look at the news items, you'll see a link to

    http://xfree86.cygwin.com/

which'll have what you want.

Kevin