VFAT read-only except for root

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:50:41 -0700

Mount the Win98 file system as a user.  The filesystem assumes
the ownership of the user that mounted it.

You will either have to remove that entry from /etc/fstab, or
umount it as root, then remount it as your user.  There are
other options in between, like adding a user clause to the
fstab options to make it easier to mount as your user.

George