Wierd

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:29:16 -0700

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 10:28:14PM -0700, robert jorgenson wrote:
> okay i keep getting these error messages...
>=20
> kernel: eth0: mismatched readpage pointers XX vs XX
> kernal: eth0: next frame incosistency, 0x80
>=20
> what do these mean? could it be the reason my connection is sooo very slo=
w?

These mean that the frames your ethernet card are pulling are either bad at
the point of capture, or the ethernet's frame ring-buffer is bad. Those
errors are probably exactly why your connection is so slow. Check the
ethernet cable -- do some stress tests with another computer/NIC. If things
check out okay, chances are it's your NIC.

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu
http://tank.dyndns.org