Evil SourceForge?

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:18:04 -0700

My reading was that VA Linux was maneuvering to:

1) Make the engine that runs the SourceForge site proprietary.

2) Insure that once a project was hosted on SourceForge that it would be
difficult or impossible to migrate to any other host.

3) Controled a lot of other open source software besides the source forge
back end.

4) One could thus infer a management shakeup at VA Linux with a resulting
change in business model that necessitated recapture of open source
investments by VA Linux.

In other words the VA Linux management is behaving like a pack of
capitalists.  Shame on them!

Whatever will the shareholders think if VA Linux should actually show a
profit or pay a dividend?!

--
Trent Shipley
mail:TShipley@u.arizona.edu