X fonts

Jeff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:40:47 -0700

Here are some of the errors I get when trying to run VNC.  I get some of the same errors with Exceed, however that works, I just get odd font errors when opening Konsole, and when first starting kdm.

Font directory '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/' not found - ignoring
Font directory '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/' not found - ignoring
Font directory '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/' not found - ignoring

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
xrdb: Connection refused
xrdb: Can't open display 'bender:1'
xsetroot:  unable to open display 'bender:1'
twm:  unable to open display "bender:1"
Warning: This program is an suid-root program or is being run by the root user.
The full text of the error or warning message cannot be safely formatted
in this environment. You may get a more descriptive message by running the
program as a non-root user or by removing the suid bit on the executable.
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: %s

Any ideas?

~Jeff

Slackware 8.0