X over a network

Jeff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:42:10 -0700

Ok, I got exceed working with the trial that I downloaded.

It works great.  However, I'd rather use something free if it works as good or better.

I have a question about VNC. The Linux box it would run on doesn't have a very good graphics card at all. I don't want it to be involved in the way the graphics are made.  I want that all to be done on the client side (windows machine) From what it sounds like, that's how it works.

so...  The reasons I'm looking for something like this, is so I can have several machines, but only one monitor, and see each machine through that one monitor, but without having to use a monitor switch box.

Exceed (so far) does exactly what I need, but will either need a crack (me? NEVER! hehehe) or to spend more money than I have available.