A4P Encyclopedia wish list.

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:40:33 -0700

Well I quit my job to work a zillion hours a day for a couple of months to
finish my dissertation.

Then the committee decided it needed a major overhaul.  (@#$% committee.)

The result is several months more work lay ahead THEN maybe they'll agree I'm
minimally competent.

Meanwhile, there is no way I'm going to be able to sustain more than 6-8
hours a day on the dissertation project.

This means:

1) The Encyclopedia isn't going anywhere untill after August 2002, and
probably not until after December.

1a) It cannot use CGI.
1b) It cannot use a database.  (I would like to use Postgres.)
1c) It can use PHP (PHP-3 I think)

2) I will have enough down time to give a hobby (the Encyclopedia) about 10
hours a week.

[3) I would like to find a part-time job to replace #2.]

If you have any technical improvements or style changes that you'd like to
see please let me know.

In particular I would like the opportunity to practice PhP.

If you know of a HTML-4 to XHTML conversion program that would also be much
appreciated.

--
Trent Shipley
mail:TShipley@u.arizona.edu