Licq

Nigel Sollars plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:41:11 -0700

all qwest dsl routers 675/678 do nat its a real headache.. im looking at
doing a few things to try and solve a few issues .. i can connect to icq and
msn with windows boxes but on some ip addresses and alike i cant send files
it fails to connect im trying to tie it down to
ports.

that way i can take a look at what the router is saying about those ports i
think my findings will show how limited we are with the qwest connection.

Nige
-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Thomas
Mondoshawan Tate
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 8:54 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Licq

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 07:31:40PM -0700, Richard L. Proctor wrote:
> Anyone having problems sending licq messages to windows machines with
> cox@home?

*shakes head*
Nope. However, I _do_ have problems logging on with it (login->online->wait
5mins->offline). I'm behind a Cisco 675 DSL that's doing NAT, which might be
part of that problem.

Perhaps the cause of your issues is if whomever you're trying to send
messages to is behind a network sharing system (be it Linux or Windoze).

--
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu