username length?

Troy plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:31:25 -0800 (PST)

No, I dont belive I am joking. :P

Im sure it has something to do with Owl being BSD like when it comes to
alot of things (it supports make buildworld BSD style and what not..)  But
since it IS linux I KNOW it can support longer then 8.  I just cant find
any information about what controls username length.  Ive looked through
pam stuff and found nothing.  Figurered maybe it had to do with
adduser/useradd.. but I cant find anything there either.

Troy