what to do with For Sale items

Rusty Carruth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:27:13 -0700 (MST)

> I am interested in hearing your thoughts on how to handle for-sale and/or
> jobs.  A web page?  A mailing list (moderated or open)? Throw out some ideas
> and we can come up with the best solution.

Well, here's some possibilities:

1 - a pure web page-based thing - go to a form, enter your info, click send,
	everyone sees it (probably want categories you can select also).
	You must delete it when done.

2 - similar, but you set an expiry date for when you expect this item to
	be unavailable.

3 - more like ebay, where you can set bids, time limits, etc, except that
	we allow zero-price items.

4 - like 3, except people can subscribe to categories for email notification
	when someone posts an item.

5 - a pure email list.

I'd really like to see 4 ;-)   But I don't have the time to write it!

rc