Trouble sending email

Josh plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:29:51 -0800 (PST)

That's probably because you were using DHCP to grab your ip, gateway
address, and name servers. /etc/resolv.conf's function is to provide your
system with nameservers. For example:

---------- begin resolv.conf ----------------
search ihatemicrosoft.com
nameserver 222.111.222.111
nameserver 111.222.111.222

In this example, your machine with search the domain ihatemicrosoft.com
for DNS servers, and it will also use 222.111.222.111, and
111.222.111.222. (with 111.222.111.22 being the backup if the first one is
down).

If you're using DHCP, it's possible this file isn't even neccesary(sp).

  - Josh Reynolds